Wednesday 4 February 2009

A look around Norwich, a fine City!

Otherwise known as the Millenium Building, this is a Norwich landmark, a beautiful modern building which reflects the St Peter Mancroft church opposite. The Forum is a libary, houses BBC Look East, BBC Radio Norfolk, the Tourist Information Office ,Pizza Express and a gift shop. Many events get held there including comedy nights, dance classes and craft sales.



St Peter Mancroft Church,

the largest church in Norwich












Norwich Market
Workmen doing their thing on the rooftop overlooking Norwich Cathedral.
.

6 comments:

Me-Me King said...

Wow, these photos are awesome! I love the architecture in your town, quaint and lovely.

Anonymous said...

Nice pics, thanks for the memories!
I used to live in Norwich (on Aylsham Road, for the most part; back then, there was a swimming pool across the street. It's been demolished since.)

It was quite a long time ago though... Things have changed a lot since I left. The last time I was there, I saw all the huge developments which took place on the Riverside. When I lived there, all there was by the river were a few benches and a couple of pubs...

I really loved it though. Beautiful city, I have awesome memories from Norwich.

Mohan Kumar D said...

Nice pikcel. Nice picture.
5 stars to you. Please visit mine and give me your valuable ratings mam.

Mohan Kumar D said...

Nice pikcel. Nice pictures pl visit mine and give me your valuable ratings mam.

Unknown said...

I hope I was there. Just looks at your's pic don't satisfied me! :D

Ken Birtles said...

Thanks for the wonderful memories.I spent 3 happy years at UEA in the late 70's and loved Norwich though I've only been back once or twice. I remember Dove's clothes shop and Captain A's (do they still exist?) and shopping in the excellent market. It's a pity you can't do 'scratch and sniff' pictures - the smell from the chocolate factory was heavenly!